Camp d’Agde was a French internment camp, opened in 1939. The camp was first used to intern people from Spain. There was room for 20,000 people but sometimes 24,000 people lived here. From end 1940 to 1943, the camp was used to intern people from 30 different nations. In July 1942, the Jews were separated and transported to other camps.