"The Irishman's Bridge is the last covered bridge left standing in Vigo County. It originally was located approximately three and one-half miles southwest of Mt. Pleasant Church on Ferre Road spanning Honey Creek in Riley Township. The bridge was built in 1845 for the total cost of $135.21. It is 18 feet wide and 80 feet long. Its superstructure is heavy oak and poplar with steel reinforcement rods. Irishman's Bridge was moved to Fowler Park in 1971 with the aid of funds raised by the Girl Scouts, Vigo County Historical Society, employees of Columbian Enameling and Stamping Company, and area residents."