Built in 1847, City Hall was used as a hospital by both sides during the Civil War, and is one of only three public buildings to survive the destruction of the city by Union troops. As the seat of municipal government, City Hall today serves as office for both the mayor and city council members. The prominent statue of Gen. Andrew Jackson, the city's namesake, is the focal point of the Josh Halbert Gardens on the west side of the building.
View in Google Earth Categories: Government - Local
Links: www.city.jackson.ms.us
By: AKpilotEMT
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement