Located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, this abandoned mill was constructed in 1906 and used the nearby Ohio & Erie Canal as a reservoir. Between 1926 and 1927, the mill was remodeled to accommodate an overhead crane and a fourdrinier machine to allow production of a continuous web of paper. As many as 250 workers were employed at Jaite, producing up to 8 tons of paper daily. Like the canal, the Jaite Paper Mill felt the effects of competition beyond its control and closed in 1984. It also had a large fire which helped with the closing.
Companies - Misc, Abandoned