A bench of pink granite honors Jules Jusserand, Ambassador from France and a close friend of President Theodore Roosevelt. The bench is semi-circular with 4 steps and is 10 feet long. Erected by the Jusserand Memorial Committee at cost of $5,461 under an Act of Congress approved June 17, 1935 (49 Stat. 386) without expense to the United States. It is the first memorial erected on Federal property to a foreign diplomat. Dedicated November 7, 1936.