John Bindley's House (Former)
By jdubble07 @ 2012-06-03 08:10:31
John Bindley was president of Pittsburgh Steel.
Built in 1918 along a ridge of oolitic limestone, El Jardin expresses the broad training of its architect, Richard Kiehnel of Kiehnel and Elliott. Kiehnel, in a September 1928 article for Tropical Home and Garden, referred to the house as a “progenitor of the Modern Mediterranean style home.” Today, El Jardin is home to Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart in Miami, Florida. On August 30, 1974, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.