Tudor Hall is a historic home located at Bel Air, Harford County, Maryland, United States. It is a one and a half story Gothic Revival cottage built of painted brick. The house was built as a country retreat by Junius Brutus Booth (1796-1852) from Plates 44 and 45, Design XVII, of The Architect, by William H. Ranlett, 1847. However, Booth never lived in Tudor Hall, because he died before it was completed. Neither did his son Edwin Booth, who left to pursue his acting career. But his other son, John Wilkes Booth, grew up in that house with his mother, brother, and two sisters.
Homes - Famous, Historical
After the family moved out, they rented the home to the King family and later sold it to Sam Kyle and Ella Mahoney. She lived in Tudor Hall for 70 years and opened a museum. After her death the house passed through a succession of owners, including the Worthington family, who owned the Aegis newspaper. Finally the house was sold to the Foxes, who reopened Mahoney's museum.
Tudor Hall was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. A modification to its listing, to decrease its boundaries, was registered in 1982. After the Preservation Association of Tudor Hall (PATH) collapsed, Tudor Hall was sold the Bakers and later to Harford County, who are now in possession of the historic home. Currently residing there is the Center for the Arts, and in 2008 they installed a docent program which gives tours once a month.