Key Hill Cemetery, (OS grid reference SP059882), originally called Birmingham General Cemetery, a Nonconformist (non-denominational) cemetery, is the oldest cemetery (not being in a churchyard) in Birmingham, England. It opened on 23 May 1836. Located in Hockley, the city's Jewellery Quarter, it is one of two cemeteries there (the other being Warstone Lane Cemetery). It is no longer available for new burials.
Cemeteries, Safari Submissions
Many of the fittings and memorials are of architectural and artistic merit - the entrance gates (piers by Charles Edge) and railings are Grade II listed. The Greek Doric chapel by Charles Edge has been demolished. The cemetery is itself grade II* on the Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest. A campaign group, the Friends of Key Hill & Warstone Lane Cemeteries, lobby to have the cemetery restored.