Son of Charles Pratt, a Standard Oil executive built this house in 1913 in a Tudor style, with 39 panelled rooms, thirteen bathrooms, twelve fireplaces, five cellars, a swimming pool, and flower beds tended by 50 gardeners. It was designed by Trowbridge and Ackerman.

By the 1950's it was purchased by the then Soviet Union to serve as the retreat for the Russian delegation to the United Nations.
View in Google Earth Categories: Homes - Famous
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: borlefborlef
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement