From http://www.culturaltourismdc.org:

Designed by Paul Cret and built in 1931, this bridge replaced an earlier structure built by the Chevy Chase Land Company in 1891 so streetcars could reach its new suburban development in Maryland. It crosses the heavily wooded area surrounding the Klingle tributary to Rock Creek. The bridge has large fluted urns with glass lanterns that mark the entrance to Cleveland Park just north of the bridge.
View in Google Earth Categories: Bridges - Automobile
Links: www.culturaltourismdc.org
By: AlbinoFlea
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement