Lady Pepperrell House was built in 1760 for the widow of Sir William Pepperrell at Kittery Point in Kittery, Maine. Located opposite the Congregational Church, it borders the Kittery Point Cemetery. The walls are clapboard. There are Ionic pilasters, two stories high, that frame the door. The windows are deep enough to allow space for inside shutters. Later editions include piazzas at either end. The first floor has a spacious center hall and great fireplaces and fine woodwork. The rooms include a living room, drawing room and dining room that lead to the kitchen ell. There is a separate two-bedroom carriage house. The second floor includes five chambers. There are four bedrooms, two and a half baths. The house was furnished with Chippendale, Hepplewhite, Sheraton and Duncan Phyfe. There was fine glass, china, mirrors and paintings, throughout.
Homes - Historic