In 1835, The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad began direct service between Washington and Baltimore. The prospering mill town of Laurel became a major station on the new railroad line. Today, the B & O Railroad Depot (Laurel Train Station) is an area landmark. This restored American Queen Anne style structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and continues to operate as a busy commuter station.
By AlbinoFlea @ 2006-05-21 20:48:51