By kkeps @ 2011-11-29 16:41:32
Built in 1891 and originally known as "Beaulieu", the French meaning "beautiful place", Lougheed House is now a national historic site located in the Beltline district of Calgary, Alberta. Lougheed House is operated by Lougheed House Conservation Society, an independent, non-profit society devoted to the restoration and public enjoyment of the historic house and its Gardens.
Over its long history, Lougheed House has been a family residence, a training centre for young women, a women's military barracks and a blood donor clinic. Then, for many years, it sat empty — cared for, but unused until its restoration started in 2000.
10.0 (1 votes)