The Kula Manu was originally built in 1946 in Wilmington, Delaware by Lancaster Iron Works. It was converted to a four-masted barkentine passenger vessel under Subchapter H in 1980. She is U.S. Coast Guard certified for 1,000 passengers and a crew of up to 60 for a total of 1,060 persons. She has been primarily operating for dinner cruises every evening off WaikikiBeach with occasional special daytime charters. Her marine crew, is approximately 14 persons.
Sea - Sailing Ships, Vehicle - Boats
The vessel is all steel-welded with a long bow sprit and has four steel masts that carry small sails, essentially for visual and aesthetic purposes. There are four decks. The vessel is powered by twin 1,000 hp Superior engines.