Designed by Albert Kahn and built in 1941, these barracks were the center of the "Marine Reservation" on Sand Island. Flight crews assigned to the Lockheed Super Constellation "Willy Victor" radar aircraft, flying the Distant Early Warning line, also used these barracks. There were similar barracks across from the Midway Memorial area that were torn down during base closure. Photo credit USFWS.
Category: Military - Misc