By kkeps @ 2008-11-22 12:36:55
The Monarch Diner was originally located on Main Street in Waltham, MA. When it's replacement arrrived on site, the Monarch was moved to its present location in Lowell, MA and renamed the Owl in the 1950's. The diner was manufactured by the Worcester Lunch Car Company in 1940 and it is #759. The Four Sisters part of the name came fron the owners that took over around 1981. The owner plus her 3 sisters worked at the diner.