This monument was sponsored by the local Civitan Civic Organization. It was originally dedicated in the spring of 1946. After refurbishing, it was rededicated on November 11, 2010. At the rededication, Charles Hollifield, Secretary of the Montgomery Civitan Club, noted that the monument was designed to perpetuate the ideals for which the men and women died, namely the Four Freedoms (Freedom from Want, Freedom of Worship, Freedom from Fear and Freedom of Speech) and the four pylons represent those Four Freedoms.
Memorials, Events - Historical