Mount Hebron Temperance Hall
By neotrix @ 2012-09-08 14:34:45
The frame building behind the church was built 1862 by Saludaville Sons of Temperance, a society charted in 1858 that reflected the nationwide movement to combat intemperate use of alcohol. In 1871 the society was recharted as Mt. Hebron Sons of Temperance and probably continued until the State Dispensary was established 1893. The building was restored in 1979.