The Museum of Contemporary Art, often abbreviated to MCA, is a contemporary art museum.
The Museum of Contemporary Art was founded in 1967 in its former location at 237 East Ontario. The first director of the MCA was Jan van der Marck. Initially, the museum was conceived primarily as a space for temporary exhibitions, in the German Kunsthalle model. However, in 1974, the museum began acquiring a permanent collection of contemporary art objects created after 1945.