The National Library of Belarus, founded on September 15, 1922, is a copyright library of the Republic of Belarus. It houses the largest collection of the Belarusian print and the third largest collection of books in Russian behind the Russian State Library (Moscow) and the Russian National Library (St. Petersburg).
It is now located in a new 72-metre (236 feet) high building in Minsk, Belarus. The building has 22 floors and was completed in January 2006. The building can seat about 2,000 readers and features a 500-seat conference hall. Its main architectural component has the shape of a rhombicuboctahedron. The library's new building was opened on June 16, 2006.
Category: Famous Architects