Founded in 1827, the Northern Dispensary was a clinic for the working poor.
Edgar Allan Poe, then living on Waverly Place, dropped by in 1837 for help with a head cold. Among its benefactors were Clement C. Moore, Samuel F. B. Morse, and P. T. Barnum.
Located at 165 Waverly Place in Manhattan's Greenwich Village.
By skyeye @ 2012-10-10 18:53:43