The Old New Synagogue in Josefov, Prague (also called the Alt-neu Shul, the Altneuschule, the Altneusynagoge , or Staronov√° synagoga in Czech) is Europe's oldest active synagogue.

Completed in 1270 in gothic style, it was one of Prague's first gothic buildings. It was originally called the New or Great Shul. When newer synagogues were built in the 16th century, it became known as the Old-New Synagogue. A still older synagogue, known as the Old Shul, was demolished in 1867 and replaced by the Spanish synagogue.
View in Google Earth Categories: Religious - Judaism
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: DonMartini
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement