A waterfront lot which was a site for housing all merchandise leaving this area or being brought into this area during the mid 1800's. During the Battle of Fredericksburg in December 1862, the union artillery struck the building at least 5 times. After the battle the warehouse became a morgue. The building was built before 1732 as it was referenced in documents of that year. Though many believe the building was an old jail house, it is believed that the building was too large for a jail house of that time and was actually a warehouse for tobacco.
, Buildings - Misc