This school was used from 1784 to 1874 and had, at times, as many as 40 pupils. The teacher was allways a retired sea captain who was paiddirectly by the parents of the students.
Schools - Other, Buildings - Museums
Besides his salary he also recieved his meals which he at at the homes of the pupils.
The pupils also had jobs to do in the schoolbuilding. The girls had to clean the classroomand the boys was responsible for the fireplace was lit.
The school is part of Rømø Museum under the Danish National Museum in Copenhagen.