By kkeps @ 2009-01-23 15:11:12
Built by J. Kirby Buckner, the Palace opened its doors as a movie house to an excited and enthusiastic audience in 1940. In 1975 the building was purchased by oil baroness Mrs. R. L. Slaughter (affectionately known as "Aunt Susie") and it became the home of the Grapevine Opry. Greatly changed over the years, its Art Deco design has been restored through the work of the Grapevine Heritage Foundation who purchased the building in 1991. It now serves as a community performing arts center. This theatre is included in the Grapevine Commercial Historic District which is listed in the U.S. National Register of Historical Places.
5.0 (1 votes)