Dover Turret, also known as the Admiralty Pier Turret, is an enclosed armoured turret built in 1882 on the western breakwater of Dover harbour. It contains 2 Armstrong Fraser RML 16 inch 80 ton guns, the biggest installed in the United Kingdom. Declared obsolete in 1902, it is currently part of the port and inaccessible, though the guns remain in place.
The two guns were delivered to Dover in 1882, and their installation in the turret took about six months. The turret was operated by steam hydraulics for movement and loading. Four rounds were fired from the guns in July 1883, and the turret handed over to the Royal Artillery Regiment in March 1886.