Fort Hubberstone, on the west side of Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire, was started in 1858 just before the Royal Commission on the Defence of the United Kingdom; it was completed in 1863. It is a large battery opposite Popton Fort, with eleven guns in casemates, eight in an open battery above, with another nine in an open flank battery, and a large barracks to the rear.
Military - Historic - Forts and Batteries
The fort was abandoned after WWI, but during WWII was in use once again as an air raid shelter and army camp for American military personnel.
On a good site, the fort has fallen into disrepair. The current owners had plans to restore the structure, but these have fallen through. Owned by Milford Haven Port Authority, the site is not currently open to the public, and has been the scene of non-fatal injuries to trespassers.
This place is often spelled 'Hubberston Fort' like the area of Milford Haven that it is located in.