Built in 1878-1879 by the architect Clément for a rich wood merchant, near the former site of the (14C) Celestine monastic community and later armament manufacturing works. Laurent-Louis Borniche - amateur painter - and owner of the building had long wished that it would be used as an exhibition center for the general public. However it was long used as a warehouse.
Museums - Arts
In 1988, the City of Paris bought the Pavillon and realized this wish of Borniche, creating a documentation, and exposition center for architecture and urbanism of Paris