Pavlov's House became the name of a fortified apartment building during the Battle of Stalingrad in 1942–1943. It gained its popular name from Sergeant Yakov Pavlov, who commanded the platoon that seized the building and defended it during the long battle.

Pavlov's House became a symbol of the stubborn resistance of the Soviet Union in the Battle of Stalingrad, and in the Great Patriotic War in general.
View in Google Earth Categories: Museums - History, Memorials
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: kjfitz

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload