The original Town House in Peterborough was built in 1862; it was extensively altered in 1886, but badly damaged by fire in 1916. The current Town House was built on the same site, in 1918. It was built to resemble Boston's Faneuil Hall, a Federal style building. It houses town government offices, Community Directors offices, welfare and town clerks offices. Its large auditorium hosts many theater, music and dance productions, and the hallways host a continually revolving art and photography display.
It was built in 1918 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.
By neotrix @ 2012-08-29 14:03:34