Pettibone's Tavern

Historic (supposedly haunted) Tavern in Simsbury, CT, recently damaged in a small fire and flooded by sprinkler system.

Jan. 5--SIMSBURY -- -- A smoldering cigarette is being blamed for a trash can fire early Friday that left historic Pettibone's Tavern inundated with water from its sprinkler system. The flames near a second-floor bar were extinguished within minutes, fire officials said. But because no one heard the building alarm and the sprinkler system was not being monitored, the water rained down for hours -- causing extensive damage to the 200-year-old wood-frame building.

Town officials have been told that, despite the heavy water damage, the tavern's well-known portrait of Abigail was untouched.
1,566 views
Views by date
10.0 (2 votes)
Rate as 1Rate as 2Rate as 3Rate as 4Rate as 5Rate as 6Rate as 7Rate as 8Rate as 9Rate as 10

Categories

Comments

Policies

Please log in if you don't want to post anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links)

Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Share:

Comments

Policies

Please log in if you don't want to post anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links)

Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload