Historic (supposedly haunted) Tavern in Simsbury, CT, recently damaged in a small fire and flooded by sprinkler system.

Jan. 5--SIMSBURY -- -- A smoldering cigarette is being blamed for a trash can fire early Friday that left historic Pettibone's Tavern inundated with water from its sprinkler system. The flames near a second-floor bar were extinguished within minutes, fire officials said. But because no one heard the building alarm and the sprinkler system was not being monitored, the water rained down for hours -- causing extensive damage to the 200-year-old wood-frame building.

Town officials have been told that, despite the heavy water damage, the tavern's well-known portrait of Abigail was untouched.
View in Google Earth Categories: Dining, Fires
Links: pettibonetavern.com, www.redorbit.com
By: mikeb9991


Please enable images and enter code to post