Pewabic Pottery was built in 1907 for ceramic artist Mary Chase Perry. Under Perry's leadership, Pewabic Pottery gained national recognition for its iridescent glazes, as well as for its production of architectural tiles that were installed in such buildings as the Guardian Building, the Detroit Institute of Art, the Ford Factory in Oklahoma, and the Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Washington, DC.
View in Google Earth Categories: Museums - Arts
Links: www.cr.nps.gov
By: boothy443
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement