Plant Riverside (retired)
By Ozzy @ 2012-09-29 19:09:07
Plant Riverside, which began operations on West River Street in 1912, was Savannah's sole source of power until the mid 1950s . It was at the time owned by Savannah Electric Power Company (SEPCO), then by Georgia Power Company after SEPCO was absorbed into the larger sister company. The plant was retired in 2005 and gutted out for scrap. The building which was preserved was turned over to Land Reclamation to be sold to the public.