In 1936, Wisconsin Mining School students created a large 'M' by stomping through the snow on the slope of the Platte Mounds. The following spring, a permanent 'M' was created with 400 tons of limestone. Over the years, the mining school evolved into what is now the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
View in Google Earth Categories: Writings - Logos - Mountainside
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: milwhcky
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement