The site of the city's first lighthouse, built in 1849, but demolished and rebuilt in 1860. The beacon light was used until 1903. The beacon and tower were dismantled in 1934, but reconstructed in 2002 by the Port Washington Historical Society. This is now a museum, open by appointment.
View in Google Earth Categories: Lighthouses, Museums - History
Links: www.portwashingtonhistoricalsociety.org
By: milwhcky
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement