Porthcawl Lifeboat Station (based in Porthcawl, Vale of Glamorgan, Wales) opened in 1860 and a boathouse was subsequently built on the promenade to house the lifeboat. This station was closed in 1902 when Porthcawl Dock was closed.
The station reopened in 1965 as an Inshore Lifeboat Station with a D class lifeboat. The current boathouse was built in 1996 to house a new Atlantic 75 class lifeboat which is still in service.
Category: Buildings - Novelty / Interesting