6/39, Opened as Maintenance Command Station (22 MU) but transferred to Coastal Command Group Pool, 11/39 with Ansons, Beauforts, Bothas and Hudsons. This unit became No. 1 Operational Training Unit 4/40, staying until 3/43 when it moved to Thornaby. Station suffered several air raids in 1940.
Military - Historic - Closed Facility
10/3/43 to 7/45, No. 6 OTU with Wellingtons and Ansons, 311 (Czech) Sqn with Liberators.
Postwar used for storage and scrapping of Ansons, Dakotas, Lancasters, Yorks and other types by 22 MU.
10/45 to 1/46, 1353 Target Towing Flight with Spitfires and Vengeances.
10/45, No. 5 Ferry Pool formed here as Ferry Flight replacing ATA Units.