German merchants helped build the city of Örebro 700 years ago in the Middle Ages. This castle was originally a smaller defense tower which was built at a strategic point on an island in the river Svartån.

From 1560-1627, the tower was transformed into a Renaissance castle, at which time the four corner towers were added. For 130 years, the castle was seldomly used and fell into a state of neglect. In 1758, the castle underwent improvements and repairs. From 1897-1900, another renovation project was completed.
View in Google Earth Categories: Castles
Links: www.orebrotown.com
By: milwhcky

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload