Rivington Pike stands on Rivington Moor, near to Winter Hill, 361m (1200 feet) above sea level. On the Pike is a tower, which was built in 1733 by the owner of Rivington Hall, John Andrews, when he became sole owner of the Rivington estate in 1729. The stone used was taken from the original fire platform and from the bed of the River Douglas. It is a square tower, with sides 5m (17 feet) and 6m (20 feet) high.
Mountains, Towers - Misc