Rochdale Town Hall

Rochdale Town Hall (Google Maps)
No Thumbnail
No Thumbnail
Google Maps Google Maps Bing Maps Bing Maps Yahoo Maps Yahoo Maps
View in Google Earth
By Hinkkanen @ 2006-02-28 15:36:34
a fine Victorian Town Hall, finished in 1871. The original clock tower was destroyed by fire in 1883, and the present tower was designed by Alfred Waterhouse in 1887. The stained glass window, which is in the southernmost part of the building, was supposed to be one of Hitler's top-priority items for acquisition, should he win the war. This town hall is built directly next to the underground location where the River Roch flows underneath the town. The front of the town hall has gargoyles, as well as golden statues of lions which have the emblems of Rochdale, Lancashire and Yorkshire on them. These are said to be a commemoration of the peace between the two counties, Rochdale being one of the towns helping to achieve it. The town hall is also home to the memorial for those who lost their lives during the war. It has four flags, and is dedicated to those whose memory will live on.
Views by date
Rate as 1Rate as 2Rate as 3Rate as 4Rate as 5Rate as 6Rate as 7Rate as 8Rate as 9Rate as 10
5.0 (2 votes)



Please log in if you don't want to post anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links)

Please enable images and enter code to post
Nearby maps
Church of St. Edmund
Buckley Hall
Clegg Hall
Welcome to Littleborough
Welcome to Shaw and Crompton
Horse riders
Welcome To Watergrove
Gloster Meteor NF(T).14 (WS726)
2012 Oldham explosion
Similar maps
Ladder truck
Car pulled over by two police cars
Speed Trap
Ladder Truck Number 10
Ladder Truck
Ladder truck
Ladder Truck
Ladder Truck
Police cars in the median
Camp Peary - CIA's "The Farm"
Del Valle Training Center - Los Angeles County Fire Department
Edward M. Davis Training Center - Los Angeles Police Department