SCI Rockview (Centre County, five miles from Bellefonte) was begun in 1912 and opened in 1915. Originally planned to replace Eastern and Western Penitentiaries, it became instead the branch prison for Western Penitentiary, housing lesser security risk prisoners, most of whom were employed in Rockview's extensive farm program outside the gates. It now is a medium-security institution for men.
View in Google Earth Categories: Prisons
Links: www.portal.state.pa.us
By: roadgeek

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload