This theater opened on Christmas Day, 1927, and closed in the mid-1980's. Architect Einar Dahl designed the building. It originally held 1000 seats, but it was reduced to 764 seats in the 1970's. For 55 years, the theater featured movies, vaudeville acts, and live performances. A bowling alley once operated in the basement. It was demolished in 2008 after efforts to save the building failed.
View in Google Earth Categories: Abandoned, Buildings - Theaters
Links: cinematreasures.org
By: milwhcky
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement