His Majesty's Government of Nepal set up the Embassy in Washington, D. C. in the year 1958 following the establishment of diplomatic relations between Nepal and the United States in April 25, 1947. The first residential Nepalese Ambassador to the United States was Mr. Rishikesh Shah who served between the period of 1958 and 1961. Until then, the Nepalese Ambassadors to the United Kingdom were concurrently accredited to the United States, too.
Government owns two buildings in Washington, D. C. The Chancery building is located at 2131 Leroy Place N. W. and the other building is located at 2730 34th Place, Washington, D. C. 20007, which is being used as Ambassador's official residence. Both the properties were bought in 1958, and are one of the oldest properties owned by Nepal in America.
By AlbinoFlea @ 2006-03-27 01:17:08