Mission San Luis Rey was founded in 1789. The present church was built between 1811 and 1815 and forms part of California's most pristine mission complex. The baroque facade of the church was meant to be flanked by twin towers, only one of which was completed. In 1893, the Catholic Church rededicated the mission as a Franciscan college, a function which continues to serve.
Museums - Misc, Religious - Christianity