The Sanctuary is a prehistoric site on Overton Hill located around 5 miles west of Marlborough in the English county of Wiltshire. It is henge type monument of concentric circles with timbers and stones. The site was largely destroyed in 1723 although not before William Stukeley was able to visit and draw it.
View in Google Earth Categories: Ancient
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: Hinkkanen
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement