Site of the first Ft. Bliss

Site of the first Ft. Bliss
No Thumbnail
No Thumbnail
StreetView StreetView Bing Maps Bing Maps Yahoo Maps Yahoo Maps
View in Google Earth
By daggerwell @ 2011-10-03 12:27:08
Inscription:

Site of the First Fort Bliss
Established September 14, 1849 by Brevet Major Jefferson Van Horne with 4 companies of the Third United States Infantry and known as Post El Paso. Vacated in 1851, re-garrisoned in 1854 and named Fort Bliss in honor of Brevet Major William Wallace Smith Bliss. Abandoned in 1868 due to encroachment of the Rio Grande. 1936
Views by date
199
views
Rate as 1Rate as 2Rate as 3Rate as 4Rate as 5Rate as 6Rate as 7Rate as 8Rate as 9Rate as 10Unrated

Comments

Policies

Please log in if you don't want to post anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links)

Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Nearby maps
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Similar maps
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Share: