Skanör Former Town Hall

Skanör Former Town Hall


Skanör Med Falsterbo, Sweden (SE)
There is a mention of a marketplace in Skanör as early as 1215, at which point the Archbishop of Lund prohibited the sale of false relics. The big marketplace or town square - nowadays referred to as Rådhustorget, "Town Hall Square" - was created in the 14th century, at a time when the town gained more extensive and permanent proportions. The square was paved in the 18th century and the so-called "Runningen", in the middle of the square, was added in 1876. Leonard de la Rose, who became mayor in 1752, wanted a town hall to be built in Skanö. The town hall is believed to have been designed by Baron Carl Fredrik Adelcrants. The town hall rests on foundation stones taken from the long-abandoned fortresses of Skanör and Falsterbo. It was opened in 1777.
There is a mention of a marketplace in Skanör as early as 1215, at which point the Archbishop of Lund prohibited the sale of false relics. The big marketplace or town square - nowadays referred to as Rådhustorget, "Town Hall Square" - was created in the 14th century, at a time when the town gained more extensive and permanent proportions. The square was paved in the 18th century and the so-called "Runningen", in the middle of the square, was added in 1876. Leonard de la Rose, who became mayor in 1752, wanted a town hall to be built in Skanö. The town hall is believed to have been designed by Baron Carl Fredrik Adelcrants. The town hall rests on foundation stones taken from the long-abandoned fortresses of Skanör and Falsterbo. It was opened in 1777.
View in Google Earth Historical
By: Drudii

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement