The South Stoneham municipal cemetery, situated off Mansbridge Road, Southampton, was opened in early 1905, with the first burial taking place on 4 February, and was extended in 1927. The South Stoneham Crematorium was located north of the cemetery but demolished during 1973 to make way for the construction of the M27 motorway. The South Stoneham garden of remembrance is now located at the north end of the cemetery.
The cemetery includes the graves of 66 military casualties which are maintained by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
, Safari Submissions