Shieldhall entered service in 1955 and was operated by Glasgow Corporation to transport treated sewage sludge down the river Clyde to be dumped at sea. During the summer months she also carried passengers. In 1976 she was laid up and in 1977 was sold to Southampton where she continued working until 1985. She has since been restored and runs excursions and cruises around southern coast of England.
Category: No Longer There